The Original Dry Bag Steak | Make Artisan Dry Age Steak at Home › Forums › Dry Aging Steak › Dry Aging Steak with UMAi Dry® › VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!! › Re:VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!!
Hello everyone! I’ve been watching and reading the links on this forum for a while. I found you guys from another forum that recommonded these bags. I was really interested in it and started watching. As I read these threads, I thought this process might work for any large cut of beef. I love brisket and decided to give it a try. I ordered the bags and asked it I could try out the Vacmouse inserts in return I would give a full review.
1. I nevered tried or practive prior to using it for the first time.
2. I started with a 13.5 lbs brisket that I got from Sams
3. The vac sealer I’m using is a Foodsaver Vac 1075
4. After placing the brisket in the bag, I sealed on corner so that the rest of the bag would fit into the camber of the Foodsaver, which is 12in wide.
5. I took the Vacmouse and place it inside of the drybag and set the sealer on #2 which is for wet/moist foods.
6. I pushed out all of the air prior to starting the sealing process.
7. The Foodsaver started pulling the bag tight against the brisket, not as tight as a regular foodsaver bag but pretty tight.
8. When it finished with the first seal, I went ahead and put two more seals on top of the first for precaution.
Here are some of the pics from the process. I’ll let you know if the seal holds and how the aging process is going.