Okay, I’ve settled on a setting of 1.1 seconds sealing, 4.2 seconds cooling with the seal bar set at LOW voltage. I left the bag as long as I could to allow an extra safety seal or two. To be safe I laid down three seals closely spaced, being sure to not handle the bag until each seal had at least 15-20 seconds to completely cool. So far it looks like the seal is holding; the previous failure had lost vacuum within 20 minutes, to I’m optimistic that I’ve got the right settings figured out. I’ll update this over the next few days. Obviously if it holds for a few days I would think the crust would be formed well enough to make sure it ages properly.
Again, if there’s anyone out there with this same machine, please chime in with your experiences. And to anyone trying the Drybags in the VacMaster I hope this gives you a good starting point.