You were right about the sirloin. Unfortunately I read your post after the fact. However, I was able to recover nicely – the sirloin was too large for the sub primal bag and too large for the short loin size. Consequently I ruptured the first and the second was too large. I then read your last post and the solution dawned on me – cut the sirloin in half and put one in each of the roast bags. No problem as I still had almost 7+ lbs in each bag, and they sealed perfectly. Interesting, I thought that the rib eye would fit the short loin size, but it was too large. The sub primal fit just perfect. It’s like framing: “measure twice and cut once.”
What I’ve discovered in this adventure, is that it definitely pays to read and heed suggestions. You’ve been there so you know. Now I’ve learned something valuable here and will know the next time out. The second go ’round worked in minutes as I knew exactly what to do. I will keep coming to the forum and learn – maybe someone will learn from my mistake.