The Original Dry Bag Steak | Make Artisan Dry Age Steak at Home › Forums › Dry Aging Steak › General Dry Aging Steak Questions › How many days for 13 lbs (NY sirloin) › How many days for 13 lbs (NY sirloin)
Just started my first dry age two days ago and so far, seeing similar results — so I thought it would be better to piggyback on this thread rather than create a new one.
– 13 lb NY strip
– Stored at the bottom of the fridge on top of a rack for circulation
– noticing small white patches on the fat cap (which is facing up)
– pretty good, but not perfect seal
– After the first day, I noticed the temperature was hovering a little over 40, so I adjusted the dial of the Frigidaire refrigerator to lower the temp. Now it’s hovering a little below the recommended low of 34 degrees. It’s a cheap dial and no way to set the temperature to a precise setting. Any cause for concern with keeping it at the present setting (just around 33 degrees)?
– Is there a need to flip it over at any point, or is it fine to keep the fat cap facing up for the planned 45 day aging?
Thanks in advance! Great forum!